.NET Development is strong at General Mills: We build highly scalable, public websites and applications. Agile teams build well-architected OOP solutions with unit-tests, perform load testing and quality assurance testing. Our Architects and Team Leads work on applications from Web, to Windows, to Mobile, with in-depth knowledge of design and refactoring patterns, current tools, and frameworks. Partnering with several major technology leaders including Microsoft, we often implement new technologies faster, and with vendor support.
General Mills is seeking a .NET Architect to be a Technical Lead for the Consumer Internet Applications team, partnering with iMarketing on our digital marketing initiatives. This role is responsible for technical architecture decisions for core websites to include BettyCrocker.com, Pillsbury.com, BoxTopsForEducation.com, and EatBetterAmerica.com. The tech lead provides direction and guidance to other .NET developers and works on the most complex parts of the application design and build process.
In this role you will:
• Make architecture-level design decisions during various phases of a project
• Design solutions, such as common components or services, for use across the team
• Design, develop, test, and implement .NET web applications
• Research and devise strategies for various consumer website tools/platforms
• Provide technical guidance to project managers and marketing teams
• Provide development guidance and problem-solving assistance to .NET Developers
• Perform optimization and design/security code reviews
• Bachelor’s degree in CIS (Computer Information Systems), Computer Science, MIS (Management Information Systems) or similar with 5+ years’ applicable experience
• Competency in the following technologies and platforms:
— Microsoft C# / VB / ASP.NET 3.5
— In-depth knowledge of .NET framework and libraries for .NET 3.5
— Experience creating web solutions using Sitecore 6.2 or higher, or other Content Management System (CMS)
— Visual Studio 2008 & 2010
— Knowledge of common vulnerabilities – XSS, XSRF, click fraud, SQL injection
— SQL Server, relational design principles, performance tuning
— Knowledge of object relational technologies (NHibernate a plus)
— HTML, XHTML, CSS
— XML, XLST
— WCF Services
— Familiar with service-oriented architecture
— Common object-oriented design patterns
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Good interpersonal and (written and oral) communication skills
• Self-starter, results-oriented, able to execute multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to operate effectively in a quick-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn and use multiple tools to solve business problems
• Supportive of a project management methodology
• Experience in writing technical specifications and driving them through development
• Interest and initiative to understand General Mills’ marketing business processes
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2010 global net sales of US$16 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Interested? Apply online!