General Mills is seeking a Training and Documentation Project Lead to develop work plans and oversee / develop training materials and documentation for business-reaching IS applications including SAP, BI and other key applications. This individual will also provide internal consultation on developing creative learning solutions utilizing instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Partner with department project leads and business teams to develop creative learning solutions, including change management, documentation and training content and delivery options.
- Develop training and documentation solutions based on instructional design methodology and adult learning principles, utilizing various blended learning techniques including, e-learning, video-conferencing, webinars, and virtual and traditional classroom delivery.
- Create work plans for the training and documentation component of business-reaching IS applications, overseeing and/or developing the creation of all required materials to insure an effective training outcome.
- Direct the work of cross functional teams and peers, prioritizing tasks through completion and delivering results on time, regularly reporting status to project team, peers and management.
- Analyze and evaluate new training and documentation technologies to augment current options, insuring adherence to General Mills guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Instructional Design degree strongly desired
- 7+ years’ experience leading large training and documentation projects for integrated systems, warehousing systems and reporting systems
- 7+ years’ experience writing business-reaching training materials and documentation using and where necessary enhancing pre-defined standards and templates
- Expert knowledge in recommending and developing blended learning solutions including expertise in creating storyboards for e-learning solutions.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft standard desktop software, including Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience developing learning solutions using Captivate, Camtasia or Articulate software preferred
- Knowledge of SAP and General Mills business processes preferred
- Champions the development and use of training and documentation technologies and tools, standards and best practices
- Proven project management and delegation skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, influence, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented team player and self-starter