General Mills has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Patent Attorney to join our Legal team!
In this role you will:
- Advise clients and negotiating and preparing documents for technology licenses, joint ventures, joint R&D collaborations and other similar transactions
- Prepare US and International patent applications
- Prosecute US and foreign patent applications
- Prepare product clearance and infringement / validity opinions
- Advise clients and conducting patent/trade secret due diligence for acquisitions/divestitures
- Provide legal advice to clients on issues related to patent strategy, patent portfolio generation, technology acquisition and divestiture and other related patent / trade
- Partner with the Innovation, Technology and Quality (R&D) functions in meeting strategic business objectives.
- Juris Doctorate with 10 – 15 + years’ professional experience at a law firm and/or corporate law department practicing in the areas of patent drafting / prosecution, advising clients and negotiating and drafting technology agreements
- Previous experience in food and/or food packaging patent drafting, prosecution and transactional work
- A technical background or undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (particularly Chemical Engineering) or Food Science
- Management and supervision of junior lawyers, paralegals and/or legal assistants desired, but not required
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
- Superior academic accomplishment
- Admission in good standing to the practice of law in at least one state and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Experience partnering with clients to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Exposure to US litigation, product clearance and validity / infringement opinions
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2009 global net sales of US$15.9 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!