General Mills is seeking a “White Hat” to recommend improved network security practices and adjustments to security requirements by performing Internet penetration, vulnerability assessments, and IT audits. This individual will provide IT security technology maintenance and ongoing design, implementation and configuration, as necessary, in support of corporate security policies, standards, and objectives.
In this role you will:
- Evaluate, design, install and provide ongoing support for Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, Content Filtering, Remote Access (IPSec/SSL/Direct Access), Domain Name Management, Endpoint Protection for desktop and server, and more.
- Manage the security infrastructure at all remote Internet hub locations; UK, India, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia and Argentina; support GIS in managing and securing the global General Mills network infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership for projects in security design, network design and research and development for future services.
- Manage small, medium and large security projects and technology deployments.
- Conduct R&D on security infrastructures, applications and trends.
- Review, critique and provide best practices for internal and vendor improvements to network security hardware and software.
- Participate in 1/8 on-call support coverage and periodic off-hour network upgrades
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, CIS (Computer Information Systems), Computer Science, MIS (Management Information Systems), or similar
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT Security-related role.
- Solid white hat hacking knowledge with an understanding of black hat tactics
- 10+ years’ experience in a Security-related role
- CISSP, SSCP or GCFA, GCFE, GISP, GSLC, or GSNA certification(s) preferred
- Prior experience performing computer forensics and e-discovery
- Knowledge of network management techniques and diagnostic tools
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
- Strong working knowledge of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention devices, Content Filtering, Proxy servers, Router and Switch infrastructure and Endpoint protection applications.
- Skilled in mixed Microsoft and open-source operating system environments.
- Experience with automating processes and easing day-to-day administration through the use of scripting.
- Must have Continuous Improvement mindset to reduce repetitive and non-productive tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with people at various levels (from end-user to executive) and the ability to build client and team relationships.
- Ability to gather requirements, design solutions, and manage implementation of enterprise network solutions
- Possess high initiative/Be a self-starter
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical project teams; supportive of a project management methodology. Ability to organize, prioritize, follow-up, and ensure execution of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Possess negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to create standards that meet the needs of the business, are scalable, and supportable
- Possess strong analytical, design, and documentation skills
- High initiative with desire to understand the General Mills’ business and a willingness to learn and use multiple tools to solve business problems
Send resumes or referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2010 global net sales of US$16 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.