HOT! HOT! HOT!
General Mills is seeking a Manager of Social Engagement and Brand PR to lead the development of PR and social engagement strategies for key brands and campaigns, and oversee execution of those strategies. Serves as the primary liaison to the Integrated Marketing Communications team.
In this role you will:
– Lead development of PR and social media strategies, including integration across disciplines
– Represent Brand PR and social engagement practice on IMarketing Communication teams
– Oversee voice/tone/character and editorial calendar for social engagement
– Provide risk mitigation and crisis communication counsel
– Recommend and supervise external resources, including agencies and freelancers
– Manage work of assigned staff and support development efforts
– Monitor issues and trends and recommend appropriate actions
– For PR and social engagement activities, evaluate impact, maintain budgets, etc.
– Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Media or related field
– 7+ years of applicable experience.
– Significant experience in public relations, including advanced understanding of public relations function, the media and consumer product marketing; and social media space, including populating Facebook and Twitter feeds, influencer marketing, and creating assets for distribution on social media platforms
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
– Ability to communicate in a consumer-friendly voice, tone and style
– Ability to produce effective materials for broadcast, print, online and social media channels
– Ability to make decisions relating to implementation, strategy, procedures, priorities and scheduling with minimal direction
– Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and function in a highly collaborative team environment
– Engagement – in the social space, to enable nimble and agile interaction across platforms and brands
– Judgment – to determine news value and social media value of various messages, as well as the ability to identify opportunities for both reactive and proactive engagement
– Collaboration – to integrate PR and social strategies and programs across disciplines within G-Com, ensuring that assets, messages and content are effectively translated and distributed
– Outreach/networking – experience building relationships with key influencers and members of the media
– Monitoring – staying constantly aware of trends in the marketplace and keeping abreast of issues affecting the brands they support; identify meaningful opportunities for both proactive and reactive messaging
– Creativity – contributing effective campaign ideas and strategies
– Management of staff and third parties in their daily execution of PR and social media programs
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2010 global net sales of US$16 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!