General Mills is seeking a .NET or PL/SQL Developer who will be responsible for the development and support of a custom Trade Management application. Why do we say “or?” We’re looking for a rock solid coder in one or the other, and will train in the one you don’t have! Of course, if you have both, all the better!!
This system supports the funding, planning, control and payment of all of General Mills U.S. Retail Sales trade spending during each fiscal year, and the selected candidate will work in a dynamic environment with Sales (the end business users) first hand to design and implement the latest enhancements to give them a competitive advantage in their roles.
General Mills’ Information Systems Division offers a fun, collaborative and dynamic workplace. It provides individuals the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology while learning and improving business processes through analyzing situations, understanding user needs and designing innovative solutions.
The team leverages the following core technologies .NET, Business Objects, PL/SQL, Oracle, XSLT.
In this role you will:
- Understand business requirements and apply sound technical solutions to develop, implement, and maintain transactional and reporting systems
- Build and apply strong technical skills while providing consulting expertise and leadership, utilizing standard GMI application development tools.
- Provide project management leadership as well as consultative expertise on the wide range of applications within Retail Trade.
- Provide timely, personal, and efficient response to user problems and inquiries.
- Create and deliver creative solutions that minimize support and are sustainable
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS (Computer Information Systems), Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years’ experience with .NET and/or PL/SQL
- Experience with Business Objects universe development, or willing to be trained.
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, design, program, test, support, and implement information systems.
- High initiative with desire to increase your understanding of GMI’s business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Desire and ability to mentor / coach junior members of the team.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience with project management methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency of key technologies and initiative to broaden and deepen technical skills
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2010 global net sales of US$16 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com!