At General Mills, the Human Resources function is an integrated part of our business. It contributes to the success of General Mills by developing and implementing strategies and programs that create an increasingly innovative, flexible, dynamic organization made up of outstanding employees. The position available is for a large, strategic plant location where you would be the top HR leader reporting to the Plant Manager and functionally to the Manufacturing HR Director at corporate.
Hannibal is a 1000+ person plant that runs production on all 3 shifts. The HRM will have 7 direct reports (Safety Mgr, Training Mgr, 3 HRAs and 2 AHRMs).
• Provide HR Leadership as a key member of the Plant leadership team
• Ensure positive employee relations by leveraging climate survey, OE Analysis, and employee connections
• Provide significant change leadership to continuously improve plant culture and work systems, as well as implementation of new work systems or expansions
• Conduct monthly talent review to ensure leadership development, retention and succession planning, including People and Organization Review Process
• Provide ongoing assessment of staffing schedules & fit into plant/business needs
• Define, manage and implement strategic HR projects and initiatives.
• Manage the employee performance feedback process to include objective setting, IDPs, retention plans, mid-year reviews, and performance appraisals
• Be a proponent of the Continuous Improvement pillar tools and model the foundational principles of Total Employee Involvement and Learn, Do, Teach
• Lead HR team including 3-6 direct reports
• Drive diversity initiatives, employee development, organization review and other key leadership development activities.
• Lead organizational assessments and develop strategies and tactics to address current issues and future needs.
• Hire, coach and influence business partners to utilize sound management and leadership practices.
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Labor and Industrial Relations, or similar
• 7+ years of related work experience with progressive career responsibility
• Must have experience leading and supporting strategic initiatives, influencing others, and driving results.
• Prioritization / Planning skills
• Positive employee relations skills
• Business and functional expertise
• Results orientation / Bias for action
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Maturity and adaptability
• Business savvy / “Street smarts”
• Candor, challenge and constructive feedback
**MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE**
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2010 global net sales of US$16 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.