General Mills is seeking a Unified Communications Technical Specialist to be part of our highly technical, motivated, operations team, providing expertise across the organization with a robust, reliable and secure infrastructure that includes Avaya & Microsoft Unified Communications architecture. This is a global team that provides support across several technology platforms.
In this role you will:
• Support Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 Unified Messaging
• Be involved in Global Unified Messaging deployment
• Assist with troubleshooting exchange related issues
• Lead efforts to implement technical solutions
• Improve messaging environment by performing research and analysis of technical solutions
• Performance monitoring
• Design, implement, and support hardware and software solutions to support General Mills unified communications strategy.
• 3 + years of Microsoft Server experience
• OCS R2 experience
• Experience or exposure to multiple technologies, including:
–Unified Communications including Exchange, Unified Messaging and Office Communicator
–Working knowledge of Active Directory
–Technical architecture and design
–Media Gateway (Dialogic/Audiocodes) experience
• Experience automating processes and easing day-to-day administration through the use of scripting
• PBX experience preferred
• Session Manager experience a plus
• Prefer knowledge of H.323, SIP and IP telephony
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
• Ability to perform data captures using Ethereal, voice Sniffers, TCP Dumps, and Microsoft support tools in complex environments.
• High initiative and results oriented
• Self motivator and strong problem solver
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
• Self management
• Strong project and management skills
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2010 global net sales of US$16 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.